Monday, January 25, 2010

Red and Turquoise {not so} Valentine's Amazingness


It is still winter, and Valentines is right around the corner, yet I still haven't come to terms with Christmas being over. So many things I didn't have a chance to do, but that's life, and my blog is my happy place, so here it goes. This post is about marrying holidays and  taking something gracefully from one season, to the next.


 I'm a sucker for wreaths, and one that can transcend time and theme makes me weak. Originally a cheerful Christmas wreath, this can be remade in different colors for any happy occasion or season of the year. Tutorial on making the yarn poms poms HERE. Once the poms are made, just glue, tie or wire them on, and top the wreath with a bow and ribbon for hanging
.
 

Whilst gingerbread houses fall in the Christmas season, a warm and happy home is a year round goal. Add a little heart candy to the rooftop for a Valentine's sweet, or pipe on their initial, and give your special someone a warm cup of cocoa.


*psstttt... my dear aunt (the one who made my slipcovered pillows) started a blog. She's a very hardworking mom to 5 children and a pro seamstress that makes the most delicious children's clothing and pinafores while  she is not working on costume design. Check her blog out at Twigs Kids!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those gingerbread houses are amazing.

LiPeony said...

I'd agree the gingerbread houses are amazing... XD

Jules AF said...

Me three about the houses

Related Posts with Thumbnails