Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Inspired Interiors: Subtle Florals and Natural Pink Undertones


We just got back in town, and my Christmas decorating is still everywhere. I'm longing to put it all away and have a clean slate.  There is something so simple, yet full of character in these following images, I hope to incorporate some sense of crisp color and personality in the home eventually, while maintaining a natural feel. I love the subtle use of florals to work that romantic feel. (If only I could paint those dark beige renter walls.)
Is it just me, or do these images feel a little bit country, a little bit modern?
 
Also, I came across this post at Censational Girl, that talks about taking better pictures of interiors. I guess I had better learn to work my manual shooting!




rustic pink and black/white dining room ~ shilo byrd



Possibly my favorite. the plank floors, the modern bed and subtle colors with a flash of florals. 
Such a cozy and airy feeling.

*And if you want some inspiration overload of similar design ideas, then visit
Alexc's pintrest or Seamlife Creative's Pintrest.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I like florals and pastels, but I have no idea how to do it in a home without looking like an 80s Barbie!

Maritha Mae said...

Welcome back! I love the pink floors. Very relaxing, soft and trendy!

Anonymous said...

That children's room from Lonny is to die for! Love the colors and the whole design of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails