Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl



I just saw this movie (based off of the novel)last night with my sister, and even though I knew a bit of the history, it was such a depressing, but skillfully accomplished film. Scarlett Johansson played Mary, Natalie Portman played Anne, and Eric Bana played King Henry.

I know that it isn't totally historically accurate (my friend thought it totally fictional until the very end), but I am sure many of the emotional struggles that you don't see when reading history was spot on. This story has been bothering me all day. Are any of you like that, or can you just dismiss it shortly after you leave the theatre?

For some clarfication, I am adding the wikipedia links to Anne , Mary and Henry, so you can read up on both and the loathsome king, if you so desire :)



If you really like this part of history, rent the documentary drama "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hum!!
as figuras querida, pena que não pude ler o texto, pois não falo sua lingua!!
beijos!

TexasTesla said...

I cannot wait to see that movie! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails