Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Jaunty Antiquing Tour

After living here almost a year now, I can't believe it took me this long to find a nice antique shop, The Red Queens Attic. And not only that, but it's on a small town square with about 2 other antique shops a few doors down. It's not as epic as my favorite one in Fort Worth, but still nice. So, here are a few of my finds on this visit. I kind of love this creepy paper mache' rabbit mask.

 Doll parts, baby shoes, an an antique baby scale in the back. Interesting, cute, creepy.

This room smells how it looks. Like fresh, white cotton and potpurri from a scented wax burner.

Hello, I so want this nifty carousel horse. It would be adorable under a vine covered garden arbor.

This was a fairly large statue, nestled in a room full of glorious aged vintage books, assorted by color. Love it.

I have never seen this artwork of Jesus and child before. But for $10, I can see it every day because I brought it home with me.

 This vintage beaded dress was absolutely stunning. And that chair! (but not the grapes)

 He is just so adorably mischievous. There is another painting of a girl in this series, but I didn't get a good pic.

 A mostly white room. I liked how this dealer used mini tea stained playing cards as the item's tags.

 I just love portraits and this one is precious. I wish I could bring her home.

 I actually think the bust would look better minus 50 seashells, but who am I to comment on someone's art?

Stereoscope, 3d photograph viewer, with lots of neat images. My in-laws have one, and thus, my husband quite naturally loves them.
There was an entire section of military and naval antiques. Medals, uniforms, photographs and so on.

Well, I have many more images to share, but I'll reserve that for another time. 
Do you have a good antiques shop near you? What are you usually drawn too?

2 comments:

Tati_Strange said...

Antique shops are like paradise * - *

Where I live there are a few and they're SOOOO epensive it makes me sad to visit them :~ ...

Lovely pics ^^

The Weekend Artist said...

I love the painting of Jesus and the Child! Your so lucky to be able to stare at it everyday! Great Find!

Related Posts with Thumbnails