Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Homefront: Best Yard Sale Finds Ever

This little end table for $3. It has MAJOR water damage on the top, and is missing a knob, but it's charming and looks cute with our end table we found on the side of the road for my husband's side (that I still need to paint). I will be sanding the hey out of it and painting it a creamy, very, very soft dove gray and replacing the top knobs.

Oh yes, my old Ashley headboard., shown here in our old bedroom. I think I got it for $15 or something, and painted it white. Most everything else in these photos are thrifted from thrift shops or antique malls by the way.
 
This dresser we painted for our boy's nursery and added modern knobs. It was maybe $5. I also love this vintage child's desk. I believe it was about $7. Oh, I miss this room in our old home!

This large painting at a garage sale for $7. Kind of steep to me, but it adds much needed color to my massive brick fireplace, and I scored tons of stuff at that sale (like a few full bags of awesome vintage earrings for $1) so I thought it was fair. I am planning on painting the frame a creamy white soon.


This wrought iron wall hanging for $1. It's large and heavy and was an ugly, partially oxidized brassy iron color. I painted it varying shades of turquoise and patina, with white for glints of highlights. I later replaced it with a frame gallery wall, but it still looks nice in our entry way.

This changing table for $30. We repainted it, added fresh modern knobs and used it in my son's nursery. Then, I relined the top with a really cute lime shelf liner and we use it for kitchen storage now.

I have tons of favorite yard sale finds by ways of clothes, jewelry, knick knacks and such, but maybe that can be for another post. *Linked to Nester's Best Yard Sale Finds EVER linky party.

5 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Nice finds! Good for you. ; )
~Michele

Kristina P. said...

I got a slight taste of thrifting, a few weeks ago, and loved it. I want to start going to garage sales.

the cape on the corner said...

i love what you did with that wrought iron piece! you've got some fabulous finds here! popping in from the nester's party.

Tati_Strange said...

Lovely findings!

I get sad here because garage sales are not commom in my city. =(

Want to see that end table painted soon ;D

Ches said...

Love the color on the wrought iron piece and the desk is really cute as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails