Friday, February 18, 2011

Painting One Man's Junk


This past month or two, my husband has lifted a filing cabinet, a table and an end table from the side of the road, and I grabbed two chairs sitting in front of a dumpster. I'm totally shocked, we haven't done this in a while, but especially my husband, who actually saw most of the items and stopped and suprised me with them. I think my frugal furniture huntingness has caught hold a little spark in him. So adorable.


And speaking of adorable, the end table he grabbed is actually kind of hideous in a really cute way, just the way I like them. I love this table that Holly, from In the Fun Lane painted and decked out with anthropologie key hole knobs. It has a very Alice in Wonderland vibe going on. Well, the end table we have has the real thing, this adorable little decorative key hole. And I only just noticed the eagle drawer pulls when I uploaded the pictures. I kind of love them. I usually prefer silver or a dark oiled bronze, but the patinaed brass is sort of charming.

 

 
I'm considering painting it a similar blue as well, although her table has more of a greenish hue to that blue. I'm thinking, should I do the white on the armoire and the blue on the end table? Or the armoire the blue, Nester style... but then it makes me feel too committed to the color on such a large piece. What do you think? Maybe I'll make a Home Depto run next week.



9 comments:

The4inONE said...

I want this blue cabinet! :-)

Kristina P. said...

Looks so good!

I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the title and man's junk.

Little Lovables said...

Oh my gosh Kristina... I totally thought that after I posted it, but figured I was being paranoid... it's too late now. Thanks for shaming me even more!

Unknown said...

I say go for the blue!!! You will LOVE it, but I would probably paint the whole thing blue and then the inset panels in white for a 2 tone look. Can't wait to see it all done~

Holly

Unknown said...

The blue dresser is so cute! have fun painting :)

Tabitha said...

poking around your archives looking for ideas on shutters and didn't want to lurk wihout saying hi! :) Love the DIY projects! super cute blog, I'll be back!
-Tabitha

Eclectic Heaven said...

This is so pretty... I love nothing more than transforming a boring hunk of furniture into something pretty :)

Jessie said...

I like the blue! :)

Home Stars said...

Love all your stuff! Thanks for all your hard work
Unique Dining Room Sets
Denver Furniture Stores
Chair Dining Table

Related Posts with Thumbnails