Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet Treats; Baked Oatmeal Recipe


This recipe is so easy, fast and delicious! I've made this baked oatmeal before with peanut butter, but my family didn't like it too much, I think I added way too much salt (so my fault). But this was perfect... even for the pickiest eaters. I just topped mine with drizzled honey and chopped fresh strawberries. Serve it with bacon for a yummy breakfast.

Ingredients:
 3 c quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c milk
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Topping Ideas:
fruit~ strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, raisins)
drizzled honey
chopped fresh mint (optional garnish)
yogurt, maple syrup and raisins
warm milk with sliced banannas
whipped cream and chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 9x9x2 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 mins or until set and edges are lightly browned. (My oven runs hot, so it only took about 26 minutes).


OH! Linked up to Sweet as Sugar Cookies' Sweets for Saturday linky. TONS of amazing sweets there today.

8 comments:

ricebabies said...

Looks delish. My two year old will tear through a whole carton of stawberries on his Must bookmarke this one and give it a try. own.

vivian said...

mmm.. I love oatmeal, this looks like a little cake! awesome!
thanks for sharing
have a great weekend
vivian

Forever Lovely said...

Yum this sounds delicious!

-Forever Lovely
http://foreverlovelydesign.blogspot.com/

Hyphen Interiors said...

That looks amazing (the photos are awesome)! I'm going to have to try it. I'm bookmarking it! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! It means a lot. I'm a newbie!

Unknown said...

Oh wow looks so delicious!! great pictures

reynz said...

Lisa, this looks divine. I want to make some now. Thanks!

Reyna
ArcadianHomeDecor.com

Savannah said...

This looks heavenly, it's making me hungry! :)

Sweet Pea said...

Yummy. I love baked oatmeal. Definitely going to try the recipe :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails