Monday, February 28, 2011

Fashion: Rolled Skinny Jeans


I'm a big ole jeans fan. I love paring them with a cozy, neutral but still sexy tee.  Being super short, I either get ankle length that work okay with flats, otherwise they  are always crazy long. So, I am simply loving the rolled jeans. The messier and more rugged of a roll,, or slouched a bit... the better in my opinion. J. Crews's dressing tip tells how to achieve the look here:

"With the jean fully unrolled, fold over an inch of fabric to make the ankle opening tighter. Then hold on to that fold as you roll up from the bottom to desired length (we like ours to hit just above the ankle).

       denimology, megan fox destroyed and slouched in  current elliott jeans the skinny in super love destroyed


 katie holmes... she is definitely a start of the trend, as I remember a lot of critics not liking this particular photo when it first came out, now of course they rave it. Perhaps it's the bagginess of the leg fit.

Sincerely Jules

blouse: Emporio Armani // skinny jeans: bdg (DIY ripped holes) // heels: Seychelles // bag: Alexander Wang // necklace: thrifted.   She gives great advice on creating the holes in her jeans:
"A good pair of denim jeans go along way. On mine, I added the ripped holes so that they look
imperfect and super worn in. 
Try this on a pair you hardly wear to test it out first. To add holes to your jeans you simply:
- grab a pair of scissors, poke a hole through the section where you want the rip
- Just cut through, the bigger the whole, the cooler it looks
- Stretch out the rip a few times
- lastly, throw them into the washer/dryer so that all the threads come out, voila!"

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Cute on everyone else but me!

Kellie Collis said...

They're simple and gorgeous! Love it! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

Jenny Strickland said...

I am also super short so these style jeans work great for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails