Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Homefront: Sparkly Halloween Mantel


Here it is, my Halloween mantle. My pretty white pumpkin fall mantle shown previously didn't last too long this time. I'm linked up to The Stories of A to Z Halloween mantle linky party.

Many of these items are from after Halloween sales for only 10 cents. I love how design problems inspire creativity. For instance, the witch's hat headband was put on top of the wreath to hide a white door hanger

 
These little glow in the dark bat toys look cute perched in the trees.

When helping unpack the decorations, my oldest (who is 4 1/2)  said, "She's ugly mommy! But I can still love her." I guess he has really been internalizing our talks on accepting people no matter what they look like!

3 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Thanks so much for linking up! This is such a fun and festive mantelscape! Your witches hat on the wreath is a brilliant touch.

vivian said...

Your mantel looks great! and what a sweet little boy you have. good job mom!
hugs
vivian

Jessie said...

Looks Great! I love your Halloween Header also!

Related Posts with Thumbnails