Monday, October 11, 2010

Homefront: Perfecting a Simple Front Yard


I thought I would do a little update on our new rental's yard. I posted here about how half of the plants were dead, and the roses were badly diseased, tree branches overgrown, weird growths around the trees... so, I did lots of pruning and transplanted a lot of the plants, but they all died anyways. I planted some flowers and the ornamental grasses, as well as some basil and cilantro seeds that are sprouting quite nicely. I love cooking with fresh herbs!

 That dirt area is where the herb seeds are.
**(edited to add, a huge rosemary, basil and cilantro bush are there now... and the rose bush came back!)

These pics were taken Labor Day weekend, so the flowers have grown a lot since then, but you get the idea! Amazing how getting rid of all of the disheveled looking plants in the garden and around the trees made the home feel much more cozy. It is really starting to feel like a 'home sweet home'.

 
For comparison's sake... before and after.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You did a great job! It's so inviting.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Looking good!

vivian said...

good job lisa! looks much nicer now. I'm glad youre feeling more comfortable and at home now.
hugs
vivian

Jessie said...

Very cute home and a very cute family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails