Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Few Pretties: It's all in the details


One thing I've noticed, is that these are some classic pieces, in muted, wearable colors and clean lines.
However, they each have an unexpected touch of feminine detail... a bow, a special angled pleated collar, an interesting placket... all things that can really make something pop, without being overly in your face.

I am a jeans and fitted v-neck tee kind of a girl, so while going through my closet, I realized I had a plethora of 'fancier' blouses and tops that I love that have all of these little special details, but I simply never wear. So, I'm going to challenge myself to actually go out once in a while in a nice, unexpected fashion piece.

I'm rearranging my closet to put these blouses up front and push some tee's back. Think you will try to implement some old/new little details to your wardrobe this fall?




vintage ellen kaye 50's wiggle dress with winged collar and dolman sleeves. ebay


3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

If I had a tiny, slim waist, I would wearing that bow skirt in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

You definitely have some pretties lined up here :)

Jessie said...

I love that necklace you made! :) So pretty!!!

I am also a jeans and t-shirt girl! I love cute clothes, but tend to always reach for something comfy. Then I am done. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails