Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vintage Linen Springtime Nursery


I went on a rampage today at the good ole Goodwill. I came home with scores of vintage linens and pillowcases. It's time to add a burst of spring around here and what a better way, then to add a touch of freshly washed pillowcases and sheets in bright and sentimental feeling designs to crisp white bedding?



The sheets I purchased are currently in the wash and I can't wait to get started on this new little project, and can't wait to show you how it turns out. Easy, simple, fairly cheap and whatever I end up not using, will be going promptly to my etsy shop's vintage section. Oh, I got a lot of goodies to add in there, and desperately need to retake the pics of what I have in stock!


In search of bedroom ideas, I found chik austin's lovely blog. I toured her home sweet home posts, and wow, what fun finds!
I love the "You are My Sunshine" print she has by the amazing, The Wheatfield.





I have three of these fiesta dresses, you can see one here. But altering them pillowcase style for children? Adorable! Her vintage Raggedy Ann, Mickey Mouse and other books and toys from her childhood are a wonderful addition to her children's room.


her boy and girl shared room works wonderfully

gotta love the dress up and frame walls!

From her amazing nursery, to the shared kids room and everything else, this busy (fellow Texan) mom has an eye for design and a creative spirit. She is also involved in a project called Craft Hope, which helps children around the world in need. The blog is here and there is even a book you can preorder here full of tutorials of other crafters and bloggers with links to charities. Here, you can see how one of her projects, was overflowing with handcrafted donations to orphanges in India.


 I will have to go and tour the rest of the blog soon.  *ps, spacing and picture placement issues are my arch nemesis today!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You make everything look vintage, yet modern. I have no idea how to do that. :)

Little Lovables said...

those are all of chik's pics!

ha....

all you have to do is throw some stuff together that is flowery, stripey, polka dotty, colorful, old, white, scratched up, imperfect, rusted, weird... whatever and you're done.

Little Lovables said...

oh, I forgot to add that adding in clean lines, in dark wood colors, (like in tables and chairs and such), mid century style help achieve the modern part of the equation!

Lori P said...

I fell in love with the first picture! And you are extremely lucky. I look to the linens every time I hit Goodwill - which is often - and have no luck.

Laughed at your little PS comment. I'm kind of anal about design and picture placement, so I got your drift. Have a great day.

Little Dickens Designs said...

Lovely, I'm with Kristina, I'm not sure I could pull it all off!

Alessandra@ Tribal Times said...

Really lovely blog! Glad I found you on the Etsy forum!
-Alessandra

boatbaby said...

Oooo I love vintage sheets too, but I never find anything good at our local GoodWill. It seems all my bloggy pals have the BEST thrift stores by them. I can't wait to see what you make!

Related Posts with Thumbnails