Monday, March 29, 2010

Draped in Comfort

London

These are some of my favorite 2009-10 styles captured by Scott Schuman, aka The Sartorialist, from all over the world. Now if you want to see some true, homegrown fashion, then check out his vintage photos contest. And if your man dresses a little shabby, he too can get a nice taste of style ideas as well.


Alessandra, Milan

While most of the masses are getting a tizzy for Spring time dressing in brighter colors, I am grasping at straws here hoping to wear my wonderful fall clothes a little longer. I think the idea behind it is, the styles are tried and true. They've been tested, are comfortable and easy to know which will remain a classic style and which ones will fall by the wayside come next season.

Maria Carla, Milan
Maybe it's a Texas thing, me hating the summers and all, but I think I just happen to love layering and simple muted tones with layers and wanting to wear them all the time. Fall/winter styles being in the clearance section right about now sure helps as well. Even though many of these styles features boots, distressed jeans, trenches and scarves, a sprinkling of light dresses and blouses can be found in those classic muted hues I love.

Paris

There is an effortless chic in the way the clothes hang, as well as soft barely noticeable details that really complete the outfit, such as a crisp cuff, rolled hem, a simple pleat or ruffle. Scott has a way of empasizing these details that one may easily passover, and the comments on each post shares his sentiments.

Chloe cape, Paris
Sau Paulo
West Village, NYC

Paris


Marais, Paris
Melbourne
Manhattan

Ninth Ave, NYC

Joana, Brazil
Paris
Milan


Ninth Ave, NYC

Milan

NYC
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney
Paris
Milan


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I could pull off maybe 2 of these looks. :)

Little Lovables said...

no, so not true!!!

vivian said...

Loved seeing all these beautiful pictures! I'm not much of a fashion diva.. give me a pair of "bellbottoms" (70's term) and a ruffly blouse and I'm good to go.. any day! and anywhere!
have a sweet day!

LiPeony said...

Wish I had just a bit of fashion sense but I do love how they look so effortlessly chic and yet so comfy!

Anonymous said...

I love his work! I've been wanting to buy his book for quite some time now, but haven't yet... maybe someone will surprise me with it on my upcoming birthday...

Diva Kreszl said...

fun to look at but I'm afraid this fashion sense is better left to the tall, thin, legs that reach clear up to their armpits, girls!

Little Lovables said...

Diva, I think so too... however, I'm a 4'11 thing with a baby gut, so I know there are still some options for 'everyday' folks out there ;)

aurora said...

I love The Satorialist! And I want to be that chic little old lady!

aurora said...

...not NOW, when I AM a little old lady. ☺

Little Lovables said...

ha aurora! she's sweet isn't she?

Related Posts with Thumbnails