Monday, March 15, 2010

Urban Childlike Design



Holly of decor8 interviewed Jan Eleni, a designer and artist on her inspiration, design, education. The entire interview can be read here.  Jan's online portfolio and information is here. Her work is so free and comfortable. A little happy and eclectic mix of old and new, organic beauty and whimsical, childlike touches.  Click on photos to enlarge.
This piece she created by using scans of children's artwork, and I absolutely adore it. She talks about the process below:
Jan: While I was working on children’s spaces – I wanted to time capsule their moment in art – and I started making these beautiful art frames – a way to archive your child’s art in a modern way. It is a labor of love – a time consuming process – the end result is a grid of hand cut miniature images – a gathering of your child’s artwork. It is amazing if you think of how we can influence the next generation of artists and creative types.



6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love her house! So clean and fun.

Unknown said...

I love the canopy bed! I want a canopy bed one day...

nomadcraftsetc said...

WOW! i love the yellow chairs-how cool!

Ange said...

What a fantastic way to preserve a child's art. Very inspiring.
Angex

Urbanknit said...

I would quite happily moce right in! Its bright and light but with lots of character. Lovely!

Urbanknit said...

move in I meant to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails