Saturday, March 30, 2013

Homefront: Colorful Spring Easter Mantel

There are few times a year when pastels can be made front and center, so I embrace it when I can. The mantle/ikea expedit shelf was done a few weeks ago, (shocker), but it didn't ever feel *just right*. When I brought this sweet smelling hyacinth home last night, I knew just what to do. I wrapped the flower pot in a scrap of burlap and tied it off with a pretty pink, polka -dot bow, just like how I did my mason jar craft (tutorial here).


I received this Velveteen Rabbit book as a gift when I was 7 years old. The Jesus picture came from this visit at a lovely antique shop. It appears that I like bunny rabbits. One day, I will add lambs and chicks to my Easter line up. But really, a beak mask just wouldn't be as cute as a bunny ear headband.

I used my white frame once again as a wreath holder. Makes a cute impact on an otherwise lonely wall.


Pin It
signature lisa 180x80 180ppi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails