This is a compilation of about 3 different recipes. This strawberry muffins one (with user suggestions taken into account), and this cran-orange streusel and my banana one. Every recipe I ran into needing strawberries called for lemon or orange zest, and I am fresh out of both (though I do use a tad of lemon juice). So, why not use something else? Because I bought 4 huge packs of strawberries and need to use them before they go yucky.
2 mushy bananas (well mashed)
1/2 c milk
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c flour
1 squirt lemon juice (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, lemon juice, bananas and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups. Top with streusel topping, then lightly sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.Serve with Strawberry butter.
2 TB flour
2 TB brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 TB cold butter
2 TB sugar (to sprinkle on afterwards)
* Combine all (except white sugar) in small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Sprinkle white sugar on top.
3 large strawberries
2 tsp confectioner sugar
stick room temp butter
*Blend and drizzle on muffins. Or maybe you just blend the strawberries and then lightly mix it in the butter for a thicker consistency. I don't know, directions were unclear, so play around with it. It looks disgusting, but I promise you it is not. If you use an awesome food processor unlike my old smoothie half-working blender, it will probably look better.
linked to Remodeliholic's recipe linky
and linked to Sweet as Sugar Cookies' Sweets for Saturday linky.