Sunday, April 10, 2011

Herbed Fish with Tomato and Olive Relish Recipe


 Oh me of my, this is the best dinner I've made in a long time! And easy, only took maybe 15 mins to prepare. Another HEB recipe, so I can't take all the credit.

I served it with fresh mango, my easy aspargus, and cresent rolls with honey butter drizzled on.

Asparagus
Discard woody ends. Cut in 3rds. Cook in pot on med-high heat, 1/2 inch of water, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and 2 tb butter. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer approx  5mins. My kids (and I) love to eat the Asparagus dipped in Girard's Light Ceaser Dressing.

Crescent Rolls with Honey Butter
I used Pillsbury refrigerated rolls. For butter, mix 3 tb room temp butter with appox 2 tb honey. I melted my butter too much, so it had to be drizzled. Don't melt your butter and you can spread it on, delish!


Olive Tapenade
This is a jarred spread from HEB. And it's delishious, even for those who don't like olives! It can be cooked or even just eaten out of the jar on a cracker or bread. If you can't find it, make your own with the list of ingrediants:
black olives, red bell pepper, zuchinni, capers, diced tomatoes, canola oil, dijon mustardd, sugar, garlic, salt, lemon juice, spices.


Herbed Fish with Tomato and Olive Relish
3/4 c. H-E-B Specialty Series Olive Tapenade
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 - 1 1/2 lb. fresh salmon or whitefish fillets
1 Tbsp.  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. McCormick Italian Seasoning Grinder
1 or 2 lemons

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Cut tomatoes in half; place tomatoes, olive tapenade and garlic over bottom of baking dish. Stir gently and place in oven 5 minutes.

2. In the meantime, drizzle fillets with olive oil; season both sides with Italian seasoning grinder.

3. Remove pan from oven; push olive mixture to edges of dish. Place fish in center and spoon olive mixture over fish. Squeeze half of one lemon over top and return dish to oven.

4. Bake 10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake when tested with a fork. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
*wall-e and justice league plates for the little guys*

4 comments:

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Yum this is so good, I love asparagus and I want some now.

Write it in Lipstick

Unknown said...

Looks yummy, yum!

Kristina P. said...

I think you need to come to my place and make dinner!

Little Lovables said...

Next time I'm in Utah, I'll make ya something

Related Posts with Thumbnails