Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DIY: Fabric Rag Garland and Pet Rock Valentines Tutorials

Today, I am giving you a SNEAK PEEK into my baby's nursery. I made this rag garland from scraps of colorful new and vintage fabrics, ribbon and pieces of clothing from us for some "personalization". I think it turned out perfect!  This garland is probably about 6 feet long and adds wonderful character to the room.


There are tons of tutorials online how to do it, but basically, you just cut/tear fabric scraps (mine were about 20 inches long and 2 inches wide), and knot them on your string/twine. I use this method for knotting

I only had a hodge podge of fabrics, so I made a base of white from the same fabric as the one I made for my window. Really, the garland looked just like that before I started layering more colors onto it. I add one color at a time, so I know I am evenly distributing them, so my garland won't be uneven. I have since added some more pizazz to the wall design, but that will be in another post.
 My previous DIY Pet Rock Valentine tutorial post was picked up by a cute online kids mag that featured 15 no-candy Valentine ideas that are all really cute. So be sure to visit there! Today, I am cleaning (yeah right), makng decorative hearts and stuff for my upcoming Valentine's mantle, going to work, and doing the mom thing... fun stuff! Hope your day is wonderful!
Pin It
signature lisa 180x80 180ppi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I have been following your blog since my stay in London in 2009. I have tried to check back as often as I could but it has been less frequent in the past year. What drew me to your site was a Marie Antoinette post you made. I kept checking back because of your fun post and similar style. I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your posts and inspirations! Thank you for everything!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking us with the tutorials, they are indeed lovely, just in time I have some extra
fabrics for it, can't wait for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails