Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Live in Thanksgiving Daily


 Well, the Thanksgiving week is upon us, and that means it's time to show my Thanksgiving mantle. I really loved and prefer my crisp white fall mantle, that changed swiftly to the Halloween mantle, and I left a few pieces out for this.  Some may wonder why I excessively change my mantle. Well, it's one of the only surfaces in my home that I have that I can put decor on, and so there it is. Plus, I just love to rearrange and be creative, and I bore easily of seeing the same thing up there too many weeks in a row.

Well, my sis and her 4 boys will be joining my hubs, mom, my 2 boys and myself for the weekend, and we are so happy to see them. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about?? Taking the time to reflect on what is important and deciding to make a change to enjoy those things a little more. 

May your pies be yummy, your bellies be stuffed and your homes filled with warmth, love and laughter. I love love love this short little video of learning to see and appreciate those little things, and live in thanksgiving daily:






Here is a cute little video of random people on the streets of New York City sharing a variety of grateful responses to one simple question: What are you thankful for?


3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lisa :)
I think I've been following you for over a year now, and I know how much you love this holiday season! Enjoy it!

said...

Hello! I just tripped across your blog as I was hunting around for some fall decorating ideas and was drawn to the title of this post. I have a personal blog called Blessings of a Lifetime which celebrates all of those little blessings we receive on a daily basis. I started the blog last year after the unexpected loss of my mother; I wanted to try harder to offer thanks and praise for the One who makes all of those small blessings possible. It has also been a nice way of reminding my family and friends to remain grateful for those daily blessings. I am so happy to find another like-minded blogger!

PS: I really enjoyed your decor and style posts, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails