Sunday, April 5, 2009

Egg Swap and Words to Live By

yellow shabby chic decorated eater eggs

Today, everyone who participated in Viv's Out On A Whim Egg Hunt will be revealing both the eggs they made and received, so we can check out each other's blogs and "hunt" for those who made/received our eggs!

The yellow cuties shown above are the eggs I made (I added a small hint of glitter to the flower's centers after the photo).

Here are the eggs I received!



A lovely aqua blue painted egg with red polka dots, rick rack trim and a lace and rose top. So perfect and gorgeous! And a cutout blue egg with glass glitter and a lovely scene inside of a sweet little duck and the cutest yellow flower buds inside. Stop the world, I am in love with an egg. I know have the most beautiful shelf ever (complete with roses my husband picked from his mom's rose bush)! If you prefer simple and sweet, this is what my Spring mantle looked like BEFORE!

easter egg spring decor decorating craft cottage shabby chic mantle

How did Viv know that I was redecorating for Spring and adding blues to my pink/green room (it's no secret I have been aching to change the color theme for a while)? (making a storebought slipcover work and pillow redo room makeover post coming soon... I can't wait!)

robin's egg jewelry vintage lace blue red spring fashion necklace

I also made some cute robin's egg necklaces in the shop, this has red accents, and the other has ivory accents. A couple more will be listed within the next couple of days. Perfect for Spring!


He Lives by Simon Dewey

Today and yesterday is The 179th Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City. The conference will feature inspirational messages from members of the First Presidency, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the Church. You can watch or listen to the conference on the Internet. And next month, a dvd and magazine will be available of the conference as well. For information on worldwide broadcast times and options, see the broadcast schedule. Feel free to tune in!

I missed yesterday's conference due to a funeral for my wonderful sister in law's, sister. She was only 33 and died of cancer. It was a sad occasion, since she left 3 young children, but happy that she is no longer in pain and that she is reunited with friends and family. We Mormons belief that death is only another step in life, as we believe we can be sealed for time and all eternity as a family unit through Heavenly Father's plan of happiness.



I will probably post later about some of my favorite talk's from the conference. Even for those who don't believe in God or Jesus Christ or share our same beliefs, there is always an inspirational message that is uplifting. I especially love this one from last year, from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. You dont need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty His full talk, entitled Happiness, Your Heritage, can be read HERE. I love this one!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chick! Love the eggs you made and the ones your received! pink and green room! love it! cant wait to see it! hugs

toodles-
sarah

AwtemNymf said...

Blog Hopping looking at all the eggs for Viv's swap! Aren't they all so crafty and gorgeous?! You made sweet ones too. I love the polka dot feathers! (lurrve polka dots) You also got some darling ones in return! :O) Happy Hopping!

vivian said...

I'm so glad youre happy with the swap! thanks for joining!
hugs
vivian

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Lisa, Love the eggs you made and the ones you received are wonderful..it's so much fun.. I haven't found mine yet..hopping along.. have a fun time! Hugs, Linda

Puddles of Grace said...

Hi Lisa,
you got some pretty eggs... and I love the yellow ones you made!
Charlene

Sherry said...

Oh I love the eggs you made!! Yellow is my favorite color.....but I received mine from someone else???? I have to keep hunting!

Sherry

Heather said...

The eggs are so lovely and your shelf is perfectly Spring.

P.S. I nominated you for an award on my blog.

Aisha said...

Lisa, love the eggs!! The ones that you made are sooo you, if you know what I mean :)

Love the new look too :)

Tina said...

Hey thanks - for stopping by my blog and your eggs were GORgeous. I love the necklaces. I checked out your etsy sites...great stuff.

keep in touch
and happy easter

tina

Leslie said...

Love the sweet eggs you made. The ones you recived are great too! I'm off to hunt for my eggs.

Hoppy Easter, Leslie

Liz Harrell said...

What an inspiring video. Thanks for sharing! Have a great Easter weekend!
Hugs,
Liz

Couture Carrie said...

These eggs are so beautiful!

Happy Easter!

xoxox,
CC

Connie said...

Ya know, chickee, after reading your comment on my blog I traveled over to meet you and it's sooooo funny. I've been trying to capture pictures of MEN....truly American men for a blog post I've been thinking about and have a draft of it. That picture of th' gorgeous hunk is PERFECT!!! May I use that if I decide to go through with the post???? I want to capture true men around here and wherever I can - American MEN!!

Oh, and tell Mr. T and Mascara Man I love their accessories. Perfecto, guys!!! LOL

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment on my blog, sweetpea. I've just glad Keith is alive after that beating he took. Gonna go call him right now.

xoxo,
Connie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Lisa,
All the eggs are so pretty. Wishing you and your family a joyous Easter Sunday!
~Tracie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

THanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. The eggs are a lot of fun. I wished I would have had the time to participate in Viv's swap. She would come up with something fun like that, wouldn't she? Have a great weekend!

Malissa said...

Your eggs are beautiful and I'm so glad that you liked the polka dotted egg that I made! Sorry I am such a late hopper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails