Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shabby Baby



I escaped to the Post Office today to ship orders, and I took the eldest of my offspring with me b/c 2 year olds get cabin fever too (and he loves the post office).

We went and threw money at Evil Old Mc Donalds (but we got "plain" hamnurgers (no, that is not misspelled) and apple sclices... so doing good, right?

Anywho, then I went to the Antiques Mall to get ideas and display items for the craft fair I am doing Saturday. I came home with a lovely white chicken wire plant house, some chibby celedon vintage shutters an AMAZING little mattress spring (so many possibilites) and a cute vintage, very I Love Lucy apron for my sister Pookie's clown costume. I am going to add some cute turquoise flowers and such to match her wig. My hubby suggested I get one for myself, since I am just so cute in it when I tried it on (hah!) Next time I am there, I will have to do some sleuthing, there were tons! Are you in the mood for a vintage or retro apron? There are TONS on Etsy, don't believe me? Then click for handmade NEW RETRO ones, or here for VINTAGE ones!!!!!!



Well, we pulled down some Christmas ornients (not misspelled either, Dad, bless your heart) for our church Christmas service activity tomorrow for decorating. I fished out these little Chinese boxes I made 5 years ago for our wedding reception party favors. I hot glued on artificial leaves, and cute leaf shapes out of pretty ribbon for some shattered edges. Then, I glued on a silver confetti heart. We filled them with handmade blue butterfly soaps tied with tulle.



I hung them on trees and at place settings. The tree idea was from The Return to Oz movie (the part where the lunch boxes are growing on trees). The past several years, I have been putting them on this Christmas tree, but this year, I think I am going to make a garland out of them and hang then in our room. What do you think, what would you use them for? Here is an example of a garland I plan to make with them, from the wonderful Nesting Place. She has a tutorial on them HERE! So go and have some ragamuffin garland making fun.



Speaking of romance (well, kind of... wedding talk gets me all sentimental, even though it was one of the worst days of my life due to some crazy events), look at this little love note and picture the hubs left for the me other day. (on cue, AWE!) I love how Isaac scribbled on my face right before I took the picture... I am just telling myself he was giving me a superhero mask for being such a wonderful mom. Heh.



And lastly, I wanted to show you this nifty peephole frame I got from SaberToothFairy on Etsy. I had been wanting one for years, and I finally found one! The seller was so sweet, she sold it to me unpainted at a discount since I'm so broke, her shop it temporarily closed, but she may be able to make one for you on request.



I still need to paint it. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is the replica peephole frame from the show Friends (which in production notes, it was originally a mirror, but it got broken on the set so they just cleaned up the glass and left the frame). Yes, I am queen of random facts. Get used to it, since I will be posting crazy trivia facts in my posts from now on. Why? because I like it like that!

4 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Cute blog! Never saw the Return to Oz..have to look into it.

aurora said...

Love, love, LOVE the retro apron! I have been wanting one.
And I also love the Nester's ragamuffin garlands. I think that if I tried to make them, they would look like rags on a string- and not in a good way like hers...

Anonymous said...

Hey! there is something wrong with your button code. I think the etsy email messed up the code...or I did something wrong. I'll send it to you in email. Email me at hautevixen at yahoo dot com. I'll give you a clean copy!

Liz Harrell said...

LOVE your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails