Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Art


I used to do a lot of drawing, it is something I truly enjoy with minimal storage for supplies, so I can't figure out why I haven't done it in a while. On Etsy's Alchemy requests (where a buyer posts a "want ad" for custom items, and sellers bid to do the project) I have been selected to do a number of fun art. Here is one I am working on now.

It is an ink drawing of the Empire State building. I drew 2 (yes 2!)... and my dilema is that I prefer the first steeple over the second. I was able put the old steeple onto the new building drawing and it looks way awesome, but I am unable to save it as a whole picture, still trying to work on that. I am of course not an archetect, and my art classes of yore have long passed, so the lines aren't all perfectly aligned with the horizon... but the point is for a good and homey, handrawn appeal. Anyways, here it is for your veiwing pleasure!

5 comments:

The Nature Nut said...

Wow those are amazing! You are blessed to be able to draw so well. Thanks for sharing these great drawings with us :o)

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Well, perfect or not, they look pretty darn great. I used to work in the ESB in an office on the 13th floor. This brings back memories for me. Nice work, you should take out your pens more often!`

XUE said...

oh my goodness! I remember doing such line drawings & I can picture you, all full of concentration, doing all these pararel lines! This is so neat!

Little Lovables said...

I did the first one without a ruler... but I decided to use it on the second finished piece.

I'll tell you what, that will give some good arthritis if one were to do this for a living. I about went crosseyed when I finished!

Waterrose said...

You did a great job drawing the Empire State Building. WOW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails