Friday, August 12, 2011

Personal Style: Blue vs Gray Manifesto


Say Yes to Hoboken did a say no to jeans campaign earlier this year. I don't think it's that hard right now with the soaring heat to be wary of jeans, but being a fall kind of gal, that's attracted to simple, comfortable lines and colors (namely, gray and camel) I am still in love with the following outfits she chose as inspiration.

shirt: abercrombie   dress: kohls  necklace: handmade by me

I wore a blue maxi dress the other day that got lots of compliments, but when I took pics for my outfit post, it just didn't feel right. Getting out of the car in the long lengths of soft drapey fabric, didn't feel right. Having a lacey empire waist... didn't feel right. I've been feeling that way for a while now. I'm just not cut out of bright colorful cloth or long flowy things, or cute rolled capris, or partial tucked blouses that are the fashion rage. I may love it on you, but not on me. Maybe it's my coloring, or my petite, apple shape and chicken legs that just doesn't work well. 6 years ago with a 20 inch waist, I could do some of it... not now. So, instead of trying to dress differently or more fashion forward, I'm going to retreat into my soothing grey vnecks for a while. Maybe even pair one with my faux leather leggings for a fashion kick, (or those awesome madewll pants above) but being more true to my style none the less.

 


Do you have some sort of dressing manifesto to be the real you? I'm not talking about giving up altogether and wearing pjs and sweatpants or horrible 80's tapered jeans and tweety bird t-shirts~ but what are some styles you decided to say 'no' or 'yes' to, while still feeling beautiful and comfortable?

3 comments:

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I am a fan of maxi dresses! I really love the look of your blue maxi and the jewelry you chose to go with it. Where did you get the dress at?

Little Lovables said...

Thanks! It's got a cute little racerback too. I got it at Kohls on sale for about $8... originally $40!

I made the necklace.

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Wow! Now that's a deal! I love deals like that! I will have to take a look at some of your jewelry.

Follow me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails