Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Color, It's Good For You.

I love grey, gray, and gris... and love ivory, beige, sand, camel, creame, khaki, bisque, porcelain, white...

But enough of that, gimme some color. It's refreshing to have a splash every now and then! The best is convertible color, something that will work well with your monotone decor, so you can change it around when the mood and seasons fit. This is my ultimate goal, to get nice shabby twill/canvasy slipcovers to perfectly hug my couches so I will not be confined to sage and taupe florals forever (like these Pottery Barn ones below)! What I am craving now:


Get you a simple bouquet and split it up among little vases. I use beakers in patina metal casings and I am on the hunt for some white porcelain vintage flower frogs for this very purpose.


What an excellent use of outgrown crib mattresses! Better Homes and Gardens takes the cake by covering them and little chairs and turning them into a tiny loveseat.


For grown up taste, Apartment Therapy's tour of Maria's bungalow is bold color perfection.




4 comments:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

Piú giú, in fondo alla Tuscolana...
!?...passavo per un saluto!

kiddlebug said...

Love the idea for the crib mattress! The pictures you have posted are so pretty!

Andrea said...

Hey you! how are you guys? How are the kiddos? I miss you guys!! We need to get together sometime!!

Earmark Social said...

I LOVE Those bedsheets!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails