Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dolls


I have found a lot of amazing artists lately, and so here I am going to feature one of them. Aside from dolls, she also makes cute little bears and I can't wait what else she will have in store for us! So, here is the creative, talented and sweet seller of Doll Project.

"My name is Jessica Acosta--people who know me usually call me Jess. I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am drawn to disturbingly cute things. I collect stuffed animals in the form of pathetic sea beasts (octopuses with 6 or 7 tentacles, crabs that were trampled on in gift shops etc.). I have a healthy obsession with doll making. Every box, bottle or raw material I see is potentially part of a doll. I am intrigued by the concept of fluid anatomy that dolls allow for. A doll doesn't necessarily need arms or a nose if she looks great without."

I thought the "Steampunk Romeo" from Winona Cookie would be a handsome fellow to feature with these lovely ladies!

And here is a little treat from my shop. Have a happy day!

6 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

I like your taste! Love all of these! Adorable :)

Jennifer Simpson said...

Lisa ~ What a cool shop. I love your blog btw, it's very inspirational but at the same time personal. I can totally identify with a lot of your posts lol.

I just want to let you know there's a game of tag going on and YOU'RE IT!

If you don't know the rules, you can find them here - http://www.happyphotography.blogspot.com

HAVE FUN GIRL heh heh heh :)

Little Lovables said...

Oh no!

dollproject said...

Yay! Thank you for sharing my dolls :]. I like the steampunk romeo ;]

Looking Glass Jewels said...

I love the dolls! What a great shop - thank you for sharing it with us!

I love your necklace, too! :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome shop! I loooovvvvee those pin dolls!

Related Posts with Thumbnails